Late Breaking Abstracts Guidelines
Abstract Submission Site Open: May 2, 2019, 9:00 AM, EST
Abstract Submission Deadline: June 3, 2019, 11:59 PM, PST
The Late Breaking Abstract category emphasizes ongoing clinical or basic research of an extraordinary nature which warrants expedited presentation. The research must be new and of sufficient scientific importance to merit expedited presentation and publication. Key aspects of the research must have been conducted after April 9, 2019.
Please review the below guidelines as you prepare to submit your Late Breaking Abstract.
- You can log off at any time and return to continue your abstract submission work any time prior the submission deadline.
- All abstracts must be completed by the submission deadline. Any abstract that has an “Incomplete” status will not be included in the review process nor included in the program for the meeting.
- Verify that your abstract is correct and complete by clicking “Review My Work”. Please review your abstract submission to ensure the information is complete and accurate. Once the submission site closes, no further edits will be allowed.
- If you give your ANA member username and password to another person, they will have access to edit all abstracts you have submitted for review/consideration.
- All notifications are sent to the presenting/contact author.
- Word Limit = 250, which includes words in the abstract title and abstract body. Spaces are not included.
- If you use any special or unusual abbreviation in the abstract, place it in parentheses after the full word the first time it appears, then use the abbreviation throughout the remainder of the abstract.
- When citing references, provide the name of the first author, the title of the book or the name of the journal, and the year in which it was published.
- No illustrations, figures, images, tables, graphs are to be included.
- Proofread the abstract preview to verify that it is correct before completing the submission process.
- All presenters must register for the meeting and will be required to pay the Annual Meeting registration fee.
- All accepted abstracts will be published in the Annals of Neurology, the official journal of the ANA.
- Authors need not be members of the ANA, nor be sponsored by a member. All are welcome to submit abstracts. Acceptance will be based entirely upon quality.
- If the presenting/contact author is a medical student, resident, fellow, or junior faculty the author will be eligible to be considered for a travel award. (If you would like to be considered, you will be asked during the abstract submission process.)
- The abstract receipt deadline, June 3, 2019, 11:59 PM, PST, will remain firm and any abstracts received after the deadline will not be accepted.
- Please note: All abstracts will be considered for a poster presentation. Selected Late Breaking Abstracts will be displayed in a prominent section of the poster areas and will be highlighted in the program as late breaking.
- Authors of accepted abstracts will be notified by July 2019.
Payment is determined by the submitter's ANA membership account status.
- $50.00 ANA Members
- $30.00 ANA Student and Associate Members or LLMIC Member. Click here for a complete list of LLMIC (Low and Lower-Middle income countries)*
- $175.00 for non-members*
*Low or middle-income country (LMIC) attendees are also eligible for the reduced abstract submission fee of $30. A list of eligible countries can be accessed here.
Deadline: All abstracts must be submitted by June 3, 2019, 11:59 PM, PST. If not submitted by this date, your abstract will not be accepted.