Abstract Policy and Submission Guidelines
Abstract Submission Deadline: Tuesday, April 9, 2019, 11:59 p.m. PST
Please review the below guidelines as you prepare to submit your abstract.
- You can log off at any time and return to continue your abstract submission work any time prior the submission deadline.
- All abstracts must be completed by the submission deadline. Any abstract that has an “Incomplete” status will not be included in the review process nor included in the program for the meeting.
- Verify that your abstract is correct and complete by clicking “Review My Work”. Please review your abstract submission to ensure the information is complete and accurate. Once the submission site closes, no further edits will be permitted.
- If you give your ANA member username and password to another person, they will have access to edit all abstracts you have submitted for review/consideration.
- All notifications are sent to the presenting/contact author.
- Word Limit = 400, which includes words in abstract title and abstract body. Spaces are not included.
- If you use any special or unusual abbreviation in the abstract, place it in parentheses after the full word the first time it appears, then use the abbreviation throughout the remainder of the abstract.
- When citing references, provide the name of the first author, the title of the book or the name of the journal, and the year in which it was published.
- No illustrations, figures, images, tables, graphs are to be included.
- Proofread the abstract preview to verify that it is correct before completing the submission process.
All abstracts will undergo a rigorous evaluation by a panel of faculty reviewers. Abstract reviewers will evaluate submissions based on the following criteria and will assess overall merit within the context of the specific academic discipline.
- Scientific, clinical, or intellectual quality of the information presented.
- Importance and relevance of the topic.
- Recommendation based on appraisal of the value of the presentation to the meeting, including the quality, expertise, and diversity of presenters, and the consistency of the proposal with the meeting theme as well as proposal content.
Note: The title and author(s) of your abstract will appear EXACTLY as they are entered in the abstract submission form. Please double check punctuation and spelling before submitting.
The individual listed as the point of contact will receive all communication regarding whether the abstract has been accepted of declined via email.
If the abstract is accepted, the designated point of contact will need to:
- Access the notification letter using the link provided in the “Abstract Submission Status” email.
- Click on “Accept” or “Decline” at the bottom of the notification letter by the deadline listed in the notification.
- Authors of accepted abstracts will be notified by June 2019. The email will originate from firstname.lastname@example.org.
CTI site is live and you want to always login with your user name and password to check on the status of your abstract, accept your abstract before the deadline, and print out your notification letters.
- All presenters must register for the meeting and will be required to pay the Annual Meeting registration fee.
- All accepted abstracts will be published in the Annals of Neurology, the official journal of the ANA.
- Authors need not be members of the ANA, nor be sponsored by a member. All are welcome to submit abstracts. Acceptance of abstracts will be based entirely upon quality.
- The ANA will consider research that has been previously presented at another meeting, but has been modified to reflect further developments or to apply to the ANA audience.
- If the presenting/contact author is a medical student, resident, post-doc fellow, or junior faculty (Assistant Professor or Instructor) the author will be eligible to be considered fo a travel award. If you would like to be considered, please check the Travel Award Eligibility” box during the submission process.
- The abstract receipt deadline, Tuesday, April 9, 2019, 11:59 PM Pacific Time, will remain firm and any abstracts received after the deadline will not be accepted.
- Please note: All abstracts will be considered for a poster presentation. If you would like to be considered for an oral presentation, you will have the option to select to be considered for a data blitz presentation during one of the special interest group sessions and / or symposium.
- Authors of accepted abstracts will be notified by June 2019.
- Abstract submission fees:
Questions about the Online Abstract Submission process? Contact CTI Meeting Technology at Technical Support at email@example.com.
Deadline: All abstracts must be submitted by April 9, 2019, 11:59 PM, Pacific Time.
If not submitted by this date, your abstract will not be accepted.